Org Marketing Statement
Jarden Applied Materials manufactures Military and Marine Antennas, Custom Resins, String Trimmer Accessories, Custom Monofilaments, and Conductive Fibers. The best part about our legacy brands and products is how we improve them for today¿s competitive market place. Our strict quality standards and innovative manufacturing processes allow us to manufacture products targeted to specific customer needs. Jarden Applied Materials is a company of Jarden Corporation, a leading provider of niche consumer products used in and around the home.
Jarden operates in three primary business segments through a number of well recognized brands, including: Branded Consumables: Ball®, Bee®, Bicycle®, Crawford®, Diamond®, Dicon®, First Alert®, Forster®, Hoyle®, Java Log®, Kerr®, Lehigh®, Leslie-Locke®, Loew-Cornell® and Pine Mountain®; Consumer Solutions: Bionaire®, Crock-Pot®, FoodSaver®, Harmony®, Health o meter®, Holmes®, Mr. Coffee®, Oster®, Patton®, Rival®, Seal-a-Meal®, Sunbeam®, VillaWare® and White Mountain¿; and Outdoor Solutions: Abu Garcia®, Berkley®, Campingaz®, Coleman®, Fenwick®, Gulp!®, JT®, K2®, Marker®, Marmot®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Rawlings®, Shakespeare®, Sevylor®, Stearns®, Stren®, Trilene® and Volkl®. Headquartered in Rye, N.Y., Jarden has over 20,000 employees worldwide.
The Product Manager - Marine has two main areas of responsibility.
- Manages Current Products and Integrates New Products- Manages existing products & services as well as creating and integrating new products and product changes.
- Conducts margin analysis, industry/market research, and in-life performance measurement to determine product demand, positioning, viability, and profitability
- Create formal business cases and product descriptions and work as a facilitator between Sales, Operations, Engineering and Legal to ensure product policy and processes are negotiated, documented, and executed accurately
- Leads regularly scheduled meetings centered on system and operational requirements for product changes and new product development
- Develops pricing and pricing changes in partnership with Director ¿ New Business Development
- Pre-empts potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to the application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes developed to support the new product or product change.
- Participates in marketing and commercial programs to enhance market acceptance and point of sale enhancement
- Manages the Marine Product Supply Chainfrom the commercial side. Maintains relationship with current suppliers and works with purchasing to develop alternate sourcing suppliers.
- Works closely with factory to accurately forecast and broadcast demand for product portfolio.
- Drives cost down initiatives leading key groups and defined initiatives to reduce all parts of the supply chain in the Marine business.
- Works with current distributers to achieve optimal inventory loads and drives delivery of program elements as well as analysis of impact elements have on current margin.
- Provides approval of program elements and conducts market analysis to estimate value in the market place for each one.
- Pre-empts and solves potential inventory problems with forecasting, alternate sourcing, and alternate product sales.
The Product Manager - Marine is responsible for product planning, sourcing and stock levels. This also includes continuous improvement of the products and the customer feedback associated with improving products and addressing customer¿s needs.
The Product Manager - Marine is responsible for managing the Shakespeare Marine catalogue both domestically and internationally. They are also responsible for recommending and drafting press announcements and coordinating program releases.
* KEY RESPONSIBILITIES *(Other duties may be assigned)
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities including fulfillment.
- Manage in-life product performance: monthly report sales, margin, and conducting numerical analysis using company data.
- Monitor internal processes for efficiency and validity pre & post product launch/changes.
- Lead the communication of new products/product changes and their associated customer, operational, system, & process impacts to the various internal/external organizations.
- Set pricing and inventory to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Work closely with Sales & Director ¿ New Business Development to provide constant forecasting of inventory and order position as well as feedback of in field product results.
- Lead organization to Identify and present innovative and creative product solutions.
- Creation and recommendation of catalogue creation and distribution.
- Creation and distribution of press releases as they relate to new and existing products.
- Assist Supply Chain in ensuring components are ready to fulfill orders on time for promotions and other key shipments throughout the year.
- Develop & conduct specialized training on new products launched and raise awareness & application of relevant subject matter.
- Provide support for CSR roles as well as assisting Sales as needed.
- Participate in opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements for products and packaging.
- Provide in-depth market, industry and competitive analysis and positioning.
- To increase profitability for new products and existing products.
- To decrease reliance on single source manufacturing where possible.
- To meet/exceed expected success rate of new products or product change execution
- To meet/exceed and maintain service levels as assigned by management.
- To meet/exceed expected reliability standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or engineering (MBA preferred).
- Two to five years marketing/product development and or Marine Products experience preferred.
- Two to five years of inventory planning and forecast modeling.
- Two to five years computer experience (internet, windows, MS Office, etc.).
- Experience in product development, strategic planning, and implementation preferred.
- Display a high level of critical thinking in cross-functional process analysis and problem resolution for new and existing products.
- Excellent teamwork skills including international team exposure.
- Ability to lead teams drive targets to completion
- Ability to write and deliver training courses and materials.
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Project management skills.
- Group facilitation skills.
- Time management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation.
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
Salary Range: $65,000 to $75,000 (annual).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify
* Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)*