Jarden Corporation Printing Assistant in Erlanger, Kentucky
Live, Learn, Work and Play
The United States Playing Card Company is the leader in the production and distribution of premier brands of playing cards, including BICYCLE®, BEE®, AVIATOR® and HOYLE® playing cards. BICYCLE® has been the best selling playing card brand in the world for more than 100 years. The company, based in Cincinnati, Ohio since its founding in 1867, manufactures, markets and distributes playing cards, children's card games, collectible tins, puzzles and card accessories. BICYCLE®, BEE®, AVIATOR® and HOYLE® are registered trademarks of The United States Playing Card Company.
The company's goal is to be the irreplaceable leader in the production and distribution of playing cards and related games. For over 125 years we have offered unparalleled service and differentiated products through a diverse and expanding group of global distribution partners. In 2004, USPC was acquired by Jarden Corporation, a multi-billion dollar consumer products company with a diverse product line and global footprint. Jarden has strong brand equity and leading market positions with well-known brands such as SUNBEAM®, OSTER®, COLEMAN®, LOEW CORNELL®, BALL® and MR. COFFEE®.
We offer a competitive total compensation, health and wellness package and an engaging work environment where employees are rewarded and recognized for their individual and team contributions. Located in Northern Kentucky, US Playing Card Co. is a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH), a leading provider of niche consumer products.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Press Assistant is responsible for loading paper rolls onto the Web Press. This involves finding the correct grade of paper in the holding area, preparing a splice and loading the new paper onto the Press. This position is also responsible for removing used rolls of paper from the machine and making the appropriate system entries. The Press Assistant is also responsible for the operation of the Press Feeder on the Sheet Fed press, monitoring Press supplies, placing ink in the ink fountains, and staging and consistently feeding all job stock. Also performs routine Press maintenance wash-up of Press and hanging of plates for next job.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Audits printed and unprinted job stock for print and paper quality identifying variations in caliper, paper curl and moisture content
2. Constantly monitors Feeder function and confirm side-guide pull and sheet registration for sheet fed jobs
3. Randomly audit printed sheets to validate paper thickness and moisture content and confirm that edition number matches follower for sheet fed jobs
4. Check, clean, fill and replace ink in the fountains for the appropriate print requirements and prepare inks for subsequent jobs
5. Finds the appropriate paper grade in the holding area and record the details of the paper roll as well as making the necessary system documentation for web press jobs
6. Monitor paper rolls and makes changes while the roll is in operation using a paper splicing technique for web press jobs
7. Evaluates the placement of the splice and removes all damaged paper for web press jobs
8. Inflates, deflates and handles the air bar on paper rolls for web press jobs
9. Monitors coating systems to ensure proper levels are maintained for web press jobs
10. Removes completed paper rolls from the press and disposes of all wasted paper and weighs and records scrap for web press jobs
11. Uses hoist to load and unload paper rolls to and from the press and transfer skids for web press jobs
12. Complete the daily task list
13. Transfers paper to the press and transfers printed card sheets to the Bobst machine
14. Notifies Material Transfer personnel when loads need to be moved to a warehouse or taken to Finishing.
15. Turns loads
16. Complete power equipment training and certification process and operate powered industrial trucks to transport and retrieve raw materials and finished goods
17. Transfers inventory, materials and supplies in the production system and keeps the necessary documentation logs
18. Performs housekeeping duties such as trash collection, emptying drums, removing unused skids around the Press, Bobst and Calem machines
19. Must be able to run the infeed and the reel of the laminator.
20. Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum 1 to 3 years of offset printing experience
High School diploma or equivalent work experience
Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Strong Mechanical aptitude
High attention to detail and judgment based on written procedures and guidelines
Ability to quickly identify production problems and ability to identify quality problems
Ability to work well with others and cooperate with team members and leadership team
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
Sitting at workstation as little as 20% of work time, standing and walking as much as 80% depending on assignment
Lift / push / pull up to 75 pounds
Ability to twist, reach, squat, and bend
Requires ability to reach, grasp, and manipulate objects
Full color vision
At least 20X40 corrected vision
Involves moderate risks or discomforts and special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, pallets, trucks and machines.
Ability to reach and lift above shoulders
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
COMPANY: The US Playing Card Company
Requisition Id: 111077
Location: KY - Erlanger