Jarden Corporation Supervisor, Shipping Office in Erlanger, Kentucky
the brands of everyday life.™
The United States Playing Card Company is the leader in the production and distribution of premier brands of playing cards, including BICYCLE®, BEE®, AVIATOR® and HOYLE® playing cards. BICYCLE® has been the best selling playing card brand in the world for more than 100 years. The company, based in Cincinnati, Ohio since its founding in 1867, manufactures, markets and distributes playing cards, children's card games, collectible tins, puzzles and card accessories. BICYCLE®, BEE®, AVIATOR® and HOYLE® are registered trademarks of The United States Playing Card Company.
The company's goal is to be the irreplaceable leader in the production and distribution of playing cards and related games. For over 125 years we have offered unparalleled service and differentiated products through a diverse and expanding group of global distribution partners. In 2004, USPC was acquired by Jarden Corporation, a multi-billion dollar consumer products company with a diverse product line and global footprint. Jarden has strong brand equity and leading market positions with well-known brands such as SUNBEAM®, OSTER®, COLEMAN®, LOEW CORNELL®, BALL® and MR. COFFEE®.
We offer a competitive total compensation, health and wellness package and an engaging work environment where employees are rewarded and recognized for their individual and team contributions. Located in Northern Kentucky, US Playing Card Co. is a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH), a leading provider of niche consumer products.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Directs and coordinates day-to-day activities of Shipping / Receiving personnel as instructed and guided by Operations Manager. Provides direct supervision, leadership, administrative, secretarial, and clerical support to the Shipping/Receiving Department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for: coordinating material flow, warehouse inventory management and accuracy, cycle counting, timely and accurate shipment of finished goods, and effective use of material and personnel.
2. Administer counseling as well as discipline where appropriate.
3. Hands on working supervisor. Ability to perform all aspects of Shipping/Receiving including picking, packing, shipping, entering production, coordinating lostics.
4. Continuously reviews all operations in the department to ensure operating standards and goals are being met:
Quality near zero amount of customer complaints due to shipping error.
Cost high levels of order lines or gross quantities of product picked and shipped daily.
Delivery low number of backorders
Safety storage, distribution, picking and packing activities all done with no accidents/injuries
1. Evaluates Picking, Packaging, Warehousing and Storage of products to ensure procedures and standards are met, and department continuously improves.
2. Directs continuous cycle counts of finished goods and other materials.
3. Audits completed work and review any deficiencies with responsible employee. Aids in expediting.
4. Reviews employee’s Timesheets, verifies accuracy, and aids supervisor in administering departmental vacations and absentee tracking.
5. Monitors functionality of department equipment (fork trucks, pallet jacks, weigh scales, stretch wrapper, etc) and notifies Maintenance of any equipment abnormalities.
6. Aids in VEST certification and continuous improvement. Assists in preparation of departmental budget and operating standards as needed.
7. Assembles, analyzes and prepares information as required for daily, weekly and monthly reports and visual boards.
8. Enters transactions into the SAP system for Receipts, Stock Monitor, Returns, etc.
9. Maintains the RGA process, keeps material receipts, tracks inventory, and offers suggestions to improve the process.
10. Manually prepares shipping documents for outbound freight as necessary
11. Maintains and orders departmental supplies through SAP requisition transactions
12. Provides backup role in operation of department’s Material / Warehouse Management system functions.
13. Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
14. Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED
Ability to lead and supervise employees.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Able to “multi-task” -- manage and schedule multiple tasks
Has positive attitude, a sense of humor, and able to think outside the box
Prior Shipping, Material Handling and/or Logistics experience
Fork Truck training & license
Skilled in 5S principles and practices
Ability to learn quickly and work with minimal supervision
Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
Excellent grammar, spelling, basic math skills.
Excellent keyboarding skills, including 10 key data entry
Proficient in Windows OS, Word, Excel, Power Point., SAP, and other programs
Strong customer service skills
Ability to work well with others and cooperate with team members and leadership team
Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
- At least one year in a leadership role
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Sitting at workstation approximately 70 percent of work time. Standing and walking approximately 30 percent of work time.
Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
Typical office environment with shelves overhead and above work surfaces.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
COMPANY: The US Playing Card Company
Requisition Id: 109553
Location: KY - Erlanger