Jarden Corporation Automation Controls Technican in Fishers, Indiana
the brands of everyday life.™
Jarden Home Brands markets leading consumer brands that enhance the quality and convenience of life's everyday events. The Ball®, Kerr®, and Bernardin® canning and preserving brands have been trusted by consumers for generations to help preserve their harvest. The Diamond® brand is the perfect party complement in both style and function, from innovative matches and fire starters, to cutlery, toothpicks and other food and entertaining utensils. Pine Mountain® and Java-Log® brands of firelogs offer safe, convenient, and eco-friendly alternative to wood. And our StarterLogg® and StarterStick® firestarters deliver the ultimate convenience for those preferring a natural cut wood fire.
We offer a competitive total compensation, health and wellness package and an engaging work environment where employees are rewarded and recognized for their individual and team contributions. Located in central Indiana, Jarden Home Brands is a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH), a leading provider of niche consumer products, with over 25,000 employees worldwide.
Day Shift - pay up to $34 hour based on experience
Primary Purpose of Position:
Perform necessary job duties to support production by using advanced technical methods and providing department technical leadership while driving continuous improvement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Possess continuous desire for learning and improvement pertaining to the position.
2. Generate ideas for process and department improvement.
3. Perform functions in both team environments and individually as well.
4. Demonstrate technical leadership for team and peers.
5. Provide aid for co-workers in tasks and in training.
6. Take lead in team development by sharing knowledge and experiences
7. Develop methods for preventive and predictive equipment maintenance.
8. Perform necessary work including analytical troubleshooting for all of the needed technical disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic.
9. Install and maintain a variety of electrical equipment such as motors, drives, power and light circuits, starters and circuit breakers, diagnose electrical circuits, including solid state controls
10. Diagnose and repair computer equipped controllers for manufacturing equipment.
11. Create/update equipment schematics & drawings.
12. Use shop mathematics, charts, tables and handbook formulas.
13. Perform work from complex drawings, wiring diagrams and sketches.
14. Assist and instruct "in training" classification machine repair personnel or apprentices as required.
15. Operate CMMS to log maintenance activities, evaluate machine maintenance history and analyze PM effectiveness.
16. Complete all relevant training provided by Jarden Home Brands
17. Maintain safe and clean work area.
18. Adhere to all safety procedures.
19. Understand and adhere to all relevant Quality standards and the quality management system.
20. Perform PLC control level issue diagnosis using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
21. Follow change order process and develop PLC ladder code “if required”.
22. Learn and perform necessary maintenance of robotics.
23. Use AutoCAD, Solidworks, Visio or equivalent software to review, develop and maintain schematics and drawings.
24. Work with management, IT and Engineering to develop and update controls knowledge and training document for the maintenance team.
25. Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation.
26. Actively participate in organized improvement concepts, TPM and Kaizen………
27. Aid in development, implementation, and design of controls of equipment
28. Communicate work items effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
29. Maintain continuous effort in development of the understanding of evolving technology
Minimum 3 to 5 years of well-rounded electrical maintenance experience
Completion of a related vocation training program or certification preferred
High School diploma or equivalent work experience
In depth knowledge of electronic systems, PLC’s, VFD, Servo Drives and electrical systems.
Knowledge of Allen-Bradley software including RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000 and Factorytalk SE
Familiarity with Siemens S7 software.
Knowledge of PC communication such as Ethernet and serial communications
Trained in electrical safety arc flash, LOTO
Ability to use a computerized work order system
Time management and problem solving ability
High attention to detail and judgment based on written procedures and guidelines
Ability to work well with others and cooperate with team members and leadership team
Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
Familiarity with computer aided drawing software.
Basic computer skills
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
Sitting at workstation approximately 25% of work time, standing and walking approximately 75%
Lift / push / pull up to 75 pounds
Ability to twist, reach, and bend
Requires ability to reach, grasp, and manipulate objects
Ability to operate various machine and hand tools
Involves moderate risks or discomforts and special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, pallets, trucks and machines.
Ability to wear provided PPE including hearing protection and steel toed shoes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
COMPANY: Hearthmark, LLC
Requisition Id: 109537
Location: IN - Fishers