Jarden Corporation Jarden Zinc Product - Electrician in Greeneville, Tennessee
Live, Learn, Work and Play
Located in Greeneville, Tennessee with more than 350,000 square feet of manufacturing space, Jarden Zinc Products is the largest North American producer of solid zinc strip and zinc-based products. Our zinc strip is utilized throughout the world in a broad range of applications, including coinage, automotive and electronic applications, building materials, rain goods, plumbing hardware and cathodic protection products.
Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment by performing the following duties.
1. Performs installation and repair work using detailed circuit diagrams and schematics and standard test equipment. (M/P)
2. Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as, conveyors, and programmable controllers. (M/P)
3. Connects power supply wires to machines and automated equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment. (M/P)
4. Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables. (M/P)
5. Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers, such as Maintenance Machine Repairer and Maintenance Tool Maker, to diagnose malfunction. (M/P)
6. Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices. (M/P)
7. Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards. (M/P)
8. Replaces or repairs bearings, brake assemblies, and other components on electric motors. Reconnects and aligns as necessary. (M/P)
9. Accountable for troubleshooting and repair of programmable, automated machinery and related systems. (M/P)
10. Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings. (M/P)
11. Fills in for Millwrights and other personnel as needed.(m/p)
12. Performs other associated duties as directed. (M/P)
13. Maintains good housekeeping practices. (M/P)
14. Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment. (M/P)
15. Secondary Emergency Responder will be asked to repair malfunctions to the coinage chlorine system. This task will normally be initiated after the Primary Emergency Responders have shut the system down and ensured that the chlorine levels negate the need for respiratory protection.However, there may be those occasions where Secondary Emergency Responders may be asked to fulfill Primary Responder Duties.
16. The employee will be responsible completing all emergency response tasks as directed by either the Department Supervision or the Emergency Coordinator.These tasks include, but are not limited to, assessing, stopping and repairing minor chlorine leaks.All secondary responder actions to be taken will be within the scope of training received by the employee.
17. The employee will be successfully fit tested in the use of company supplied respiratory protection equipment unless medically disqualified by the company physician.This equipment will consist of air purifying respirators and Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) equipment
18. The requirement to wear respiratory protective equipment during an emergency response situation requires that the employee be free of any facial hair that would interfere with the fit of the equipment being used.As secondary emergency responders any facial hair that would impair the proper fit of an SCBA must be removed within 15 minutes upon request of the Emergency Coordinator.
19. Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.(M/P)
20. Requires regular attendance to perform essential elements as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.(P)
21. Performs such individual assignments as management may direct. (M/P)
22. Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.(M/P)
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
2. Journeyman Electrician's card or three to five years industrial electrician experience.
3. Knowledgeable of Industrial power systems including medium voltage equipment systems.
4. Highly familiar with the structure and information described in schematics with the ability to glean troubleshooting information from the schematics.
5. Expert knowledge of the NEC.
1. Equipment skills:Skilled in the use of various electrician’s tools, including the use of the multimeter, high voltage sensing equipment, ampmeter, and other related equipment.
2. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules/programs, schematics, prints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
3. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
4. REASONING ABILITY:Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and use a systematic approach in troubleshooting and solving problems.
5. Commitment to task:skills to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency;willing to commit to long hours of work and make sacrifice to reach goals.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
2. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
3. Use of ladders and scaffolding will be required. Working Conditions:
4. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
5. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock.
6. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
COMPANY: Alltrista Plastics LLC
Requisition Id: 110884
Location: TN - Greeneville