Jarden Corporation Maintenance Technician 1 - 2nd Shift in Kansas City, Missouri
Live, Learn, Work and Play
Pure Fishing is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia®, Berkley®, Fenwick®, Greys®, Hardy®, Hodgman®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, Sebile®, Shakespeare®, Spiderwire®, Stren®, Trilene® and Ugly Stik®. With operations in 16 countries, Pure Fishing is part of Jarden Outdoor Solutions, a leader in developing outdoor and active lifestyle products and a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL).
Position Summary - Performs basic facilities maintenance as required. Repairs and maintains electrical and mechanical equipment, such as forklifts, conveyors, and other material handling equipment. Perform preventative maintenance on all material handling and building equipment. Completes required maintenance request paper work and updates facility layouts of equipment as needed. Communicate with vendors as required on assigned tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble.
2. Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts.
3. Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
4. Cleans and lubricates parts.
5. Orders replacement parts.
6. Inspects completed repairs of vendors.
7. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
8. Requisitions new parts and equipment.
9. Works under general supervision on duties and tasks that reflect substantial variety and complexity.
10. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
11. Applies mastery of skills in adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate.
12. Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. A minimum of 2 years prior related experience required.
2. Forklift certification required.
3. Intermediate to advanced computer skills required.
4. Experience with Class 1, 2, & 3 type lift trucks preferred.
5. PLC programming and experience with 3 phase 480V wiring a plus.
6. Welding and machining experience also a plus.
1. Ability to work independently.
2. A high level of energy to drive process improvements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
COMPANY: Pure Fishing, Inc.
Requisition Id: 111021
Location: MO - Kansas City