Jarden Corporation Pure Fishing-Freight Line Handler - KC-1st in Kansas City, Missouri
the brands of everyday life.™
Pure Fishing is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia®, Berkley®, Fenwick®, Greys®, Hardy®, Hodgman®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, Sebile®, Shakespeare®, Spiderwire®, Stren®, Trilene® and Ugly Stik®. With operations in 16 countries, Pure Fishing is part of Jarden Outdoor Solutions, a leader in developing outdoor and active lifestyle products and a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL).
Position Summary Performs placing all cartons for customer orders on correct pallets and correct carriers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Obtain Forklift license
2. Operate a variety of forklifts in a safe and efficient manner.
3. Store freight in a safe and organized manner.
4. Stack cartons on pallets as they come down conveyor lines.
5. Keep correct carton count for each freight location and order.
6. Stretch wraps all pallets as orders are completed.
7. Gather bill of Lading and make out pallet tickets, then turn into freight bill clerk.
8. Place packing lists on orders per customer requirements.
9. Use DCS terminal computer to look orders up on for space and size of orders.
10. Clear orders from locations using the DCS terminal.
11. Load pallets of orders in proper sequence on correct carriers, using small orders and cartons to accommodate as much room as possible in trailers.
12. Stretch wrap and weigh all foreign pallets.
13. Combine orders that go to the same shipping address.
14. Must follow general department and plant safety rules.
15. Keep area clean.
16. Work to achieve and maintain a quality program.
17. Other dutiesas assigned.
18. To perform this job an individual must be able to handle multiple tasks. Must be able to obtain forklift license. Education /or Experience Must have a High School Diploma or GED; or 1 to 3 months related training and experience.
19. Mathematical Skills Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Must keep accurate counts on pallet orders.
20. Physical Ability Continuous lifting or moving of light weight materials; must be able to infrequently lift up to 50 pounds. and on occasion 75 pounds. This job requires continuous bending, stretching, and climbing ladders also continuous walking on cement floors.
21. Reasoning Ability Must be able to understand and use common sense with written and oral instructions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
COMPANY: Pure Fishing, Inc.
Requisition Id: 109586
Location: MO - Kansas City