Jarden Corporation Pure Fishing HR Specialist-Kansas City in Kansas City, Missouri
Live, Learn, Work and Play
Pure Fishing is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia®, Berkley®, Fenwick®, Greys®, Hardy®, Hodgman®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, Sebile®, Shakespeare®, Spiderwire®, Stren®, Trilene® and Ugly Stik®. With operations in 16 countries, Pure Fishing is part of Jarden Outdoor Solutions, a leader in developing outdoor and active lifestyle products and a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL).
Provides support in various functional areas of a human resources department including but not limited to recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee relations, job evaluation, compensation and benefits administration, organizational development, and training.
1. Independently responsible to coordinate the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of hourly and non-exempt coworkers; administers pre-employment screening process.
2. Orchestrates the hiring/placement of interns, and facilitates job shadow opportunities.
3. Facilitates exempt hiring process with the support of the corporate Talent Acquisition team.
4. Establishes and delivers new coworker orientation and onboarding processes for new team members.
5. Develops and delivers training to coworkers throughout the organization on a variety of topics.
6. Effectively investigates and resolves coworker relations issues and concerns.
7. Assists in the development, interpretation, and application of various human resources policies, processes and procedures.
8. Prepares and analyzes human resource related data as needed and/or directed.
9. Reviews organizational design and compensation information and makes recommendations accordingly.
10. Drives continuous improvement of human resource processes.
11. Supports the needs of the reception area/front lobby by greeting all persons, announcing them accordingly; ensuring all persons properly sign the necessary documents, receive badges and safety eyewear; operates the phone system, and maintains Pure Fishing Confidentiality Agreements.
12. Works to identify and roll out various programs and events to positively impact coworker morale.
13. Drives coworker focused communications; maintains communication boards and coordinates various internal communication mediums.
14. Supports all areas of Human Resources as directed.
15. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assignments, and has the latitude to adapt procedures, processes and techniques.
16. Duties and tasks are varied, complex and are performed under general supervision; role typically requires originality and/or ingenuity.
1. 4+ years of Human Resources related experience.
2. A bachelor degree preferred.
3. Professional of Human Resources certification preferred.
1. Must have excellent listening and communication skills (oral, written, interpersonal), and effective presentation skills.
2. Must be readily approachable and agreeable to answer coworker’s questions and address coworker issues.
3. Must be adaptable/flexible; welcomes change and facilitates team work.
4. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
5. Able to manage projects effectively.
6. Experience with HRIS systems, PeopleSoft in particular, preferred.
7. Must demonstrate effective problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as sound judgment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
COMPANY: Pure Fishing, Inc.
Requisition Id: 111281
Location: MO - Kansas City