Jarden Corporation Pure Fishing Automatic Spooler Operator 2nd Shift in Spirit Lake, Iowa
the brands of everyday life.™
Pure Fishing is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia®, Berkley®, Fenwick®, Greys®, Hardy®, Hodgman®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, Sebile®, Shakespeare®, Spiderwire®, Stren®, Trilene® and Ugly Stik®. With operations in 16 countries, Pure Fishing is part of Jarden Outdoor Solutions, a leader in developing outdoor and active lifestyle products and a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL).
Set-up, adjust and operate multiple spoolers to efficiently produce good quality fishing line.
1. Tends spoolers for continuous operation.
2. Performs setup operation.
3. Determines which spooler to use for existing orders
4. Adjusts level wind when needed.
5. Dispense spools into hopper loader.
6. Checks supply spool, for correct line after each line change.
7. Positions supply spools on tubs.
8. Checks for proper weights for each size run.
9. Returns empty supply spools to pallets.
10. Maintains proper speeds on the elevators.
11. Enters completed data in computer.
12. Stages product for final step in process.
13. Must be able to use Object List to determine what materials to use.
14. Maintains an organized and clean work area.
15. Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
16. Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing
17. Other duties as assigned
1. Qualifications To perform this job successfully an individual must be somewhat mechanically inclined. They must be able to follow directions and make minor decisions with information such as attributes that are sometimes provided.
2. Education and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or13 months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense. Understand and carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
1. Mathematical Skills Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Must be able to perform mathematical calculations using units of weight measurement.
2. Physical Ability Light lifting, must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
COMPANY: Pure Fishing, Inc.
Requisition Id: 109548
Location: IA - Spirit Lake