Jarden Corporation Pure Fishing Bait Packaging Operator 2nd Shift in Spirit Lake, Iowa
Live, Learn, Work and Play
Pure Fishing is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia®, Berkley®, Fenwick®, Greys®, Hardy®, Hodgman®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, Sebile®, Shakespeare®, Spiderwire®, Stren®, Trilene® and Ugly Stik®. With operations in 16 countries, Pure Fishing is part of Jarden Outdoor Solutions, a leader in developing outdoor and active lifestyle products and a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL).
Operates and makes adjustments to the packaging machines. Ensures that the machine is operating efficiently and producing a high quality product. This position is intimately related to total bait packaging department output.
1. Tends to the packaging equipment for continuous operation
2. Performs setup operations
3. Makes routine machine adjustments
4. Changes film and printer labels as necessary
5. Ensures packaging equipment operates efficiently
6. Maintains records and worksheets
7. Ensures needed materials are available
8. Performs area housekeeping
9. Works as a soft bait packager as able
10. Works in other areas of manufacturing as needed
11. Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
12. Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. To perform this job successfully an individual must be somewhat mechanically inclined. They must be able to correct minor machine problems and follow directions. They must show above average initiative and motivation to ensure department output.
2. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-4 months related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Must be able to perform calculations using weight measurements.
2. Light lifting, with occasional 25 pounds and up to 60 pounds at times.
3. Ability to apply common sense, understand and carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations.
4. *All duties and responsibilities in this description are not to be interpreted as inclusive.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
COMPANY: Pure Fishing, Inc.
Requisition Id: 110994
Location: IA - Spirit Lake