Jarden Corporation Pure Fishing Flexible Molder Operator 2nd Shift in Spirit Lake, Iowa
the brands of everyday life.™
Pure Fishing is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia®, Berkley®, Fenwick®, Gulp!®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, SevenStrand®, Shakespeare®, Spiderwire®, Stren®, Trilene® and Ugly Stik®. With operations in 19 countries, Pure Fishing is part of Jarden Outdoor Solutions, a leader in developing outdoor and active lifestyle products and a division of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH).
At Pure Fishing, we stand behind our values, our coworkers, and our determination to Build the World's Best Fishing Tackle Company.
Operates molders for Soft Bait Molding and Gulp! Molding as coverage for vacation and absenteeism. Performs repetitive line assembly operations to mass-produce packaged baits. Maintains and keeps pace lines operating efficiently and producing good quality packaged baits. This job is team oriented and each packager is responsible for the team output.
1. Counts and places soft baits onto a pace line or into a consumer package
2. Inspects baits for obvious defects
3. Works at different work stations as production requires
4. Stages bulk bait product and maintains production order records on a rotational basis as the Star Person.
5. Places packages into bulk warehouse boxes
6. Confirms production at department computer stations as the setup person
7. Makes routine adjustments to printers, labelers, box makers/sealers and pace line speed
8. Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
9. Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing
10. Operates molders in Soft Bait Molding and Gulp Molding as needed
11. Performs minor molding machine adjustments
12. Effectively communicates with molding Technicians regarding machine operation
13. Other duties as assigned
1. To perform this job successfully an individual must have good manual dexterity.They must be able to follow directions and make minor decisions with information on production orders and attributes.
2. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide.
2. Light lifting up to 25 pounds.Must not be colorblind
3. Ability to apply common sense, understand and carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables under standardized situations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
COMPANY: Pure Fishing, Inc.
Requisition Id: 109495
Location: IA - Spirit Lake